So Many Reasons to Join the Alliance of Professional Health Advocates!
We’ve posted membership possibilities elsewhere, but just for grins ‘n chuckles, we like to keep a running list of the reasons people tell us they joined the Alliance.
There are the usual, important reasons, like wanting to learn about becoming an advocate, or wanting to figure out if it’s worth quitting a job to take on a practice as an independent advocate…
But sometimes there are more specific reasons, and those are the ones we track here.
Here are some of them. Do they sound familiar? If so – then you should join the Alliance too!
- I need to get liability insurance for my advocacy practice and hear APHA members have access to insurers. (Yes, we do! Join the Alliance as a Premium Member to get that info.)
- I want to know what to put on my advocacy website. (Yes, we have checklists and articles to help you.)
- I need contracts for signing up new patient-clients. (Yes, APHA Premium members have access to contracts.)
- I want to stay up-to-date on patient advocate certification. (We provide updates frequently in our weekly newsletter.)
- I want to connect with other advocates to ask questions and share information. (Oh yes. APHA’s discussion forum is the most robust discussion forum available for professional advocates and advocate wannabes, too.)
- I need to promote my advocacy practice, and I’m told the AdvoConnection Directory is the most visited directory available. (As of late 2020, we see 12,000 – 15,000 unique visitors who are seeking an advocate each month.)
- I am a private case manager, care manager, aging life care specialist, or Certified Senior Advisor who wants to focus more of my work on the healthcare needs of seniors or the elderly. (Then this is it – you’ve found the right place for support.)
- I want more press interviews and mentions, and I heard that APHA is contacted frequently by the press to find advocates who can speak to current topics. (This is true. We post 6-8 press requests per month for our Premium +ADL members, resulting in thousands of media mentions. )
- I have questions about starting my practice and want to speak to real human beings! (From APHA mentors, to APHA members who are experts in a variety of capacities, they are pleased to consult with you.)
- I like to do public speaking and want to join the AdvoConnection Speaker’s Bureau. (Great! You’ll be welcomed!)
- I heard that if I join APHA I can get discounts on many of the professional advocacy books available. (You sure can.)
- I want to connect with others who have earned their BCPA credential. (They’re chatting with each other in our discussion forum.)
Check out our page that compares all APHA memberships side by side.
As more reasons come in, we’ll post them here.