Your Advocacy / Care Management Practice During a Pandemic
Crisis Conversations: A podcast series focusing on services and business management during the coronavirus / COVID-19 crisis
(2) Providing Advocacy COST Services During a Pandemic
Join five currently practicing advocates (find them below) as they discuss:
- Anticipating financial / cost / billing problems that will result from this crisis
- There are always differences between the costs for insured vs uninsured patients. What additional challenges for these two groups will come about as a result of COVID-19?
- What changes or differences in cost issues will we see as a result of government mandates?
- How can advocates connect with you to help their clients, and what kinds of help can you provide?
- What differences might we see in the receipt of surprise bills or balance bills?
Resources mentioned during this podcast:
During the call, we discuss the possibility that the insurance exchanges might open to allow additional, uninsured patients to opt-in.
3 things to know about coronavirus disease and your Marketplace coverage (from Healthcare.gov)
Want to discuss this podcast, or ask questions? Do that in our (open) Coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion forum. (If you are not an APHA member, nor registered yet, you can register for the Forum here.)
Meet our Experts
Adria Goldman Gross
Medwise Insurance Advocacy
Chris Van Haren
A Better Way Professional Health Advocacy
KL Services LLC
This Crisis Conversations podcast series has been developed to help patient advocates and care managers support
their patient-clients while sustaining and growing their practices.
If you would like to be notified when a new podcast is added to the list,
please provide us with your email address.