We’re proud to be
The Alliance of Professional Health Advocates
(Updated May 2021)
Founded in 2009, the Alliance of Professional Health Advocates is the largest and most extensive professional and support organization for private, independent health and patient advocates and care managers.
The goal of the Alliance is to help them start and grow successful practices, to help them maximize their reach, and therefore improve patient outcomes. It is based on the recognition that many of the people with the very best of advocacy skills don’t always have the necessary business skills which are vital to that success. We help create the balance between advocacy and business.
APHA provides these services to support its members:
- Marketing and Client Acquisition including a listing in the AdvoConnection Directory (for those who meet our criteria)
- Contracts & Forms
- Client Services (Care and Cost)
- Education & Training
- Best Practices
- Code of Conduct
- Speakers Bureau
- Networking with other Advocates and Navigators / APHA Connect! Discussion Forum
- Opportunities (reporter interviews, jobs and contracts, speaking invitations)
- Medical Personnel Assistance
- Special Interest Groups (Medical Billing & Claims, Eldercare and Solo Seniors, Canadian Advocates, others)
- BCPA Certification Information and Updates
- Discounts on Advocacy and Business Related Products
- Course Discounts for learning opportunities at sister-site PracticeUP! Online
… and much more
Meet Our Team
Butch Kritsberg is our Director of Operations.
Butch helps manage workshops and logistics, and often troubleshoots (and proof-reads) the website and advice offered to members. Butch lives in Leesburg, Florida.