About The Alliance of Professional Health Advocates
(Updated September 2020)
Founded in 2009, the Alliance of Professional Health Advocates is the largest and most extensive professional and support organization for private, independent patient advocates.
The goal of the Alliance is to help private, independent advocates start and grow successful practices, to help them maximize their reach, and therefore improve patient outcomes. It is based on the recognition that many of those people with the very best of advocacy skills don’t always have the necessary business skills which are vital to that success. We help advocates balance their skills between advocacy and business.
APHA provides these services to support its members:
- Marketing and Client Acquisition
- Contracts & Forms
- Client Services (Care and Cost)
- Education & Training
- Best Practices
- Code of Conduct
- Networking with other Advocates and Navigators / APHA Connect! Discussion Forum
- Opportunities (reporter interviews, jobs and contracts, speaking invitations)
- Medical Personnel Assistance
- Special Interest Groups (Medical Billing & Claims, Solo Seniors and Eldercare, Canadian Advocates, others)
- BCPA Certification Information and Updates
- Discounts on Advocacy and Business Related Products
- Course Discounts for learning opportunities at sister-site PracticeUP! Online
… and much more
Meet Our Team
Butch Kritsberg is our Director of Operations.
Butch helps manage workshops and logistics, and often troubleshoots (and proof-reads) the website and advice offered to members. Butch lives in Leesburg, Florida.
Trisha Torrey is our founder, developer and the Alliance Director.
She takes care of whatever Butch does not! Learn how and why she founded the Alliance of Professional Health Advocates.