Welcome to the
The Alliance of Professional Health Advocates
THE premier professional membership organization for private health and patient advocates, and care managers.
Join us! Maximize your reach and your practice success.
Learn more about Steve's practice.
Learn more about Sandy's practice.
Learn more about Mechelle's practice.
Learn more about Kathy's practice.
Learn more about Krista's practice.
Learn more about Bonnie's practice.
Learn more about Karen's practice.
Join APHA, because…
YOU are passionate about helping patients manage their journeys through the healthcare system.
Patients desperately need YOU to help them find better outcomes – care and cost – through their journeys.
..We help you get started,
then help you grow your practice,
Whether you’re just getting started and wish to learn more about independent* professional patient advocacy, navigation, or care management as a career, or you have been in practice for many years, we invite you to become a member of The Alliance of Professional Health Advocates.
As the premier professional organization for independent* patient / health advocacy and care management professionals in the United States and Canada, APHA provides the support you need: education, people, resources, and credibility.
Our support will help you maximize your reach and your practice success!
Find our members in the
Health and Patient Advocates and Navigators
Medical Bill Reviewers & Negotiators
Insurance Claims Specialists
Case Managers and Care Coordinators
Elder Care Professionals
Health Insurance Advisors
Disability and Legal Advisors
Guardians or Conservators
… and many more independent health system advisors.
Here is just some of the support we provide…
- Client Acquisition (finding new clients)
- Legal Needs (contracts, business formation, forms)
- Insurance for your practice (liability, errors & omissions)
- Financial (from bookkeeping to pricing your services)
- Marketing (websites, brochures, PR, social media and more)
- Discounts on advocacy and care management related services and products, including sister-site PracticeUP! Online
- Access to mentors to help you get started and grow your business.
- Get started with a new practice! APHA Academy’s 100 Days to Launch program begins January 19.
- New! APHA Speakers Bureau is now found here. (Should you be listed too?)
- APHA and My Junna have joined forces to allow members to get huge benefits and discounts! Learn more.
- These patients need you. Can you help?
- Check out all the media mentions: APHA Members in the News
An independent, professional advocate’s allegiance, advice, and assistance are focused solely on the wants and needs of patient-clients and families who hire them. This is in contrast to hospital, pharmaceutical, or insurance company advocates whose organizations have vested interests in profiting from patient care. (We call this The Allegiance Factor.)